So Ketchup is one of the food items at the center of some heated discussions that correlate to Childhood Obesity, Diabetes and contributing poor nutritional choices for school cafeterias. Well here is a great recipe for Ketchup that your family will love and you can feel good about including as a condiment in your kids lunch sack.
Healthy Raw Ketchup
- 1 cup organic tomato, chopped
- 1 cup organic sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for 30 minutes, drained, and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh organic garlic, minced
- 10 fresh organic basil leaves
- 3 organic dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1- 2 Tablespoons Bragg’s raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
Blend all ingredients together until it forms a paste.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
From The Juice Lady’s Living Foods Revolution by Cherie Calbom
ID Code 33541